BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!! So I need some advice. I have an old BMW that I absolutely love but I think its time for us to part ways. Its a 2002 Silver 325i with the sports package. Its always been til the wheels fall off with this car and they literally almost have. This car has over 300,000 miles on it. The interior is fair. The exterior is fair. The tires are pretty good. It does not run but it starts and then just quits. With this information, is it worth selling? And if it is how much should I sell it for? I have another BMW. A 2011 328i. I don't think that I could use any parts from my old BMW on my my newer one at all. I appreciate all of the feedback! Thank you!!

·
Need for Speed
486 Posts
Fair condition would put you around $1000. Not running correctly, figure $500. Might be worth it to you to part it out.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Put it on Craigslist for $1500. Disclose what you know is wrong like window regulators, burning oil, etc and if you get an offer, take it. Good for you to get $300k out of it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you have the time an the energy you can make 5x just by parting it out.

Wheels in good condition, minimal curb marks? 300-500 on ebay.

Does it have sport seats with the bigger bolsters? good condition? maybe $150 a piece.

Headlights, Taillights? Good, no fogging or cracking? $30 a piece.

Radio work? $50.

Random things: Shifter knob, shift boot, windows controls, lock controls, abs module, working alternator. Another few hundred.

The thing with these cars is that there are so many of us keeping them running that we’ll buy the parts

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
5,834 Posts
Put it on Craigslist for $1500. Disclose what you know is wrong like window regulators, burning oil, etc and if you get an offer, take it. Good for you to get $300k out of it.
+1, every word of it.

Now before you decide to part it out, and no none of those parts will work on your newer 3 except the wheels, this means you have to remove the pieces and ship them because "local pick only" will take you forever to get rid of it. Once you start you no can longer sell it as a complete car so even the mechanics special price is gone. And typically if you sell the wheels, which is where a big chunk of money comes from, you will have to put another set on to get the carcass taken away for scrap unless they bring a crane/forklift to get it on the truck. But if you still decide to part it out, and yes you will make more money in the long run, how's your trunk lid?

sent from the future using the bimmerfest app embedded in my neural implant

1 - 5 of 5 Posts