BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is making nasty creaking noise from the back everytime I sit in the car get out even turn or drive at low speeds it's really annoying I figured it had to do w the suspension I took it in.. They said they need to replace lower ball joints AND upper control arms and in order for the noise to go away they have to replace both and do an alignment and he said it would 1700$... That's too much, what can I do? And is that true does he really have to replace both? Bc I can understand my ball joints can be worn out but not my control arms, my car has 90k miles.. Plz any input would be great and lots of help
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You took it in where? Why don't you take it some place else and get another opinion? Beyond that, I don't know what you expect us to tell you...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took it to the dealer, and what do you mean, I'd expect ppl to help or if they had same experience w their car and tell me what they did about it?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Every car is different and needs different repairs to corrrect what ever problem is being experienced. I meant that we can't tell you what the problem is since we have no way of looking at it. We can only guess. Could be any number of different parts making the noises you are hearing. What I would suggest is going to a good indy mechanic who specializes in BMW's and getting a second estimate to repair it and quiet the creaking noises. It will cost less than what BMW wants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts