·
650i VeRt - Tripple Black
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks topdown, u think it will make any diff in performance? maybe mpg....? :dunno:

·
Registered
115 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200496534135?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Any one install this on 650 yet? i just ordered k & N but im thinking about this. only saw 645 with intake. Would this set off the air flow sensor?
hello, i have the afe for about, 10 months, no air flow sensor problem, engine sound awesome, better idle speed, and u can feel better performance :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLflESybWb8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSrztIw9sX8&feature=related

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
prob serves the same function but I wouldn***8217;t go cheap on it, for another 200 bucks you can buy a proven product. This looks like some aluminum pipe with a filter in the front. And just listen to the sound of the AFE ***8230; sells itself.

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
For the non-M cars, the RPI intake is only an air filter element and a ram scoop which instals behind the front grill. There is no improvement in sound with the RPI if that is what you are after.

I've seen both positive and negative aFe dyno sheets for non-M V8 BMWs. Either way there are minor gains or losses. The RPI is also a minor gain and only at speed. On the M-cars, it's a different story, the aFe loses are significant and the RPI gains are significant.

I plan on eventually getting the aFe just for the sound. If I wanted a performance increase I'd go for the Dinan.

·
Registered
718 Posts
For the non-M cars, the RPI intake is only an air filter element and a ram scoop which instals behind the front grill. There is no improvement in sound with the RPI if that is what you are after.

I've seen both positive and negative aFe dyno sheets for non-M V8 BMWs. Either way there are minor gains or losses. The RPI is also a minor gain and only at speed. On the M-cars, it's a different story, the aFe loses are significant and the RPI gains are significant.

I plan on eventually getting the aFe just for the sound. If I wanted a performance increase

I'd go for the Dinan.
Have you considered an exhaust if its sound your after?

I have a custom quad system...i always get compliments on the sound of course it cost a bit more than the AFE system though...

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Have you considered an exhaust if its sound your after?

I have a custom quad system...i always get compliments on the sound of course it cost a bit more than the AFE system though...
Since my 6er is a convertible daily driver I plan on keeping it conservative in the sound department. I plan on doing the intake and removing the front resonators only. I reserve the hard core mods for my M3 track car.

·
Obsessive or Enthusiast?
257 Posts
Just ordered mine from AutoAnything.com. If anyone is thinking about buying this intake, you might want to think about buying it today since their coupon for 15% off expires at the end of today. My total price $325 + free shipping. Good luck.

·
Registered
115 Posts

I plan on eventually getting the aFe just for the sound. If I wanted a performance increase I'd go for the Dinan.
The best combo is the afe with the rpi , the rpi helps to force cold air, so you can minimize the minor loss that might be , because of the hot air.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.