BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my wife though work and some gangsta dude from the bronx was blasting his music up high to elevate his swagger levels to the point where he does not need to obey stop signs no more, because ave people should just stop in the middle of the road and yield to his royal gangsta swagger highness. so my car way hit because I was not away of this new magical law that gangsta boys can just run stop signs when their swag is up.

WIFEY F A C E P A L M

while i was waiting for the cops i was recording a video with my iphone of the guy when he was " trying to fix" his car by janking on the bumper and kicking the **** out of his fenders.

now im waiting for the police report so i can call this guys insurance to have them finance my repairs.

fkin gangsta kids :mad:

·
Older than old school
4,461 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt. At least he has insurance. Just for the record, lots of non-gangstas run stop signs, too. And don't get me started on cell phone talking and driving, let alone texting.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Glad you're OK (and wife).
I know what you feel. The car looks fixable. Aside from the obvious (headlight) that should be replaced, give a thorough check to the SAP and temp sensor. Also see if the rad & exp tank has moved/shifted and the sensors are OK.
Hope you get her on the road ASAP - make sure you get knowledgeable guys working on her.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Luckily, it looks like you just gotta replace the fender, hood, headlight and maybe new paint on the bumper...at least no lives were taken...

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guy for the positive talk, i been depressed lately cuz my e39 was injured. i spend like 2 years on this car rebuild it from the ground up , got like 2 month of pleasure out of her before she got hit =( now i have to wait couple months before i can drive her again. im just really glad no one got hurt.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i feel for you, hope you get it fixed soon . your bumper looks like its a diffrent colour from the rest of the car ..

·
Registered
192 Posts
F""ING RUBBER NECKS!!! This sucks and you should be happy its not worse, after all its just a piece of metal.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There have been a couple of us sidelined by accidents lately, and I think I speak for us by saying "glad you and wife are okay". The car can always be fixed and enjoyed, spouses don't get replaced quite so easily. At least it looks like your guy hit the brakes!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i feel for you, hope you get it fixed soon . your bumper looks like its a diffrent colour from the rest of the car ..
yea i did not even get a chance to paint the bumper yet i was waiting for a appointment day with my paintshop guy.

now im gone have to see him regardless for some more work

·
Registered
393 Posts
I know exactly where that is, When i go to work i drive through those backroads to get to metro and flushing ave. I feel your pain bro, I spent 2 years rebuilding an e30 and got to drive it 1 month!! Underage kid in his moms car blew a red light and hit my car in a soft spot and wrecked my frame rails. I had just finished detailing the car and was heading to a photo shoot for mye30.com and that happened 1 block away.

On a funny note, that corner where you had your accident is where they filmed the Diner scene in GOODFELLAS when Deniro finds out Pesci was killed instead of being made. remember? he knocked over the phone booth in that scene. They used 2 Diners, ^That one and Jackson hole on the side of Grand central parkway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts