BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this ghetto after market Pioneer in my car, it came with the car.. It is not the factory one, but I have my system complete and I want to put in my 50x4 pioneer cd player.... My question is, am I going to have to take that black part of the dash.. I don't want to... can someone help me out that has had this issue before?

·
Registered Non-OP
14,496 Posts
You dont have to take any part of the dash out. If the stereo is aftermarket, there should be some clips that would get the deck loose from its lock brace thingy. No dash removal whatsoever.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how can I manover this clip releasal... I take off the face of the cd player and cant seem to wiggle it free!

·
Registered Non-OP
14,496 Posts
Ok, there should also be a shroud thing that clips up in front of the deck. Then take off the face, and those clips that release are on the sides of the deck and you have to push the clips down the side of the stereo and it should get loose. There is a clip on each side of the deck.

Sorry, its confusing to explain and its kinda too hard focus while the household is having a conversation across the house :rolleyes:

·
Sucker for the 3 Series
302 Posts
radios usually come with what looks something like this

these slide down the ends of the radio (the left and right side as you look at it) and release some clips inside.

if you dont have these tools, you can usually use a very thin steak-knife, or similar

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok yeah now I get it, had a brain fart there... thank you for you 2 guys responce, your exactly correct lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts