Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking to buy a new set of headlights that will update the look and possibly have the DRL Halos already installed. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I hoping to find a pair for under $700 bones or in that price range.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I looking to buy a new set of headlights that will update the look and possibly have the DRL Halos already installed. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I hoping to find a pair for under $700 bones or in that price range.
It depends on your setup. Do you have halogens or Xenons?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just an FYI that Spyder stuff is hit or miss...

They don't make any of their stuff, it's just rebranded Chinese stuff from various manufacturers.

I had their tail lights on my Benz C300 and they were great. So I ordered a set of their tail lights for my 530xi and they were horrible to say the least. Very poor manufacturing.

So YMMV.

In the least, if you do your research, you can likely find the same headlights/tail lights direct from the manufacturer that Spyder uses for a fraction of the cost - just check on Aliexpress or similar sites.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'm just looking for a driver side ( left ) headlight because for some odd reason there is a leak where the eyebrow is. I have tried sealing it so many times.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I'm just looking for a driver side ( left ) headlight because for some odd reason there is a leak where the eyebrow is. I have tried sealing it so many times.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Hey buddy. Can you make couple of pictures of that broken seal? Maybe someone has a cure. Also, have you checked HELLAs e60 OE replacements? They are half price compared to Genuine ones, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not on Pre-LCI E60's that most if not all come with the standard LM1 module. One way to get DRL's is to swap out your light module to an LM2 light module. Requires coding and finding the correct LM2 module to work with your headlights. Not available in the LM1 modules. There may be other ways of getting the DRL halos, but I am not aware of any.

Just did this swap myself on my 06 E60 to get the DRL's.

I thought all E60s had DRL halos. No?

·
Registered
408 Posts
for 700 bucks you can easily find a set of used LCI headlights. some near me going for 400-500 bucks for a pair. not willing drop that money on it, but it seems that you are.

look around locally. there are plenty of e60's in various states of disrepair (lci's) for under 1k for the whole thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm

Didn't know the LCI headlights would fit. I assume they would need to be coded as well to work?
Three weeks after I bought my 550i I was in a minor accident where I was rear ended. I was able to order the parts on my own with the insurance settlement so I ordered a new replacement bumper (should have gone with something other than the original but I'm new to this). Also ordered the taillights = Spec D Tuning - LED TAIL LIGHTS FOR 03-07 BMW E60 5-SERIES and now I have some money left over for the headlights. So really I'm not paying for it so I don't mind dropping 7 hundred bones on them.

Still looking but the more I think about it the more I think I'm going with the Spyders.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts