BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the crankcase vent hose (the one that connects oil separate and dip stick). Then, I reassembled all the necessary parts(not included heat shield and fuel rail cover). After I started the engine, the engine light is still on. In addition, EML and DSC lights are also on now.
I do not know much about cars.
I might accidentally adjust the length of line that connecting the gas pedal and throttle body because I did not know what that is.
Anyway, Does anyone know what might cause the this issue? Is it possible that my adjustment cause the problem?

Thank you!

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
What almost always causes the EML on a 323 is the throttle body. Given you have to go near one of the main "junction boxes" while replacing the hose you did, you may have bumped it or torn a wire, or even disconnected it. I'd start there.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found out that the throttle body was dirty and the butterfly was stick to the edge. I cleaned it then reassemble all the parts. Now EML and DSC light are off but the engine light is still on. Thank everyone for the tip. Hope the engine light will be off after I drive a little bit.

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
I found out that the throttle body was dirty and the butterfly was stick to the edge. I cleaned it then reassemble all the parts. Now EML and DSC light are off but the engine light is still on. Thank everyone for the tip. Hope the engine light will be off after I drive a little bit.
Yea, might want to think about a new throttle body. On your car, they are problematic and will leave you stranded if you aren't careful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.