Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard: Gillian Anderson will join "The Practice" after her stint as Scully on the X-files is over this Sunday.

·
3,762 Posts
in_d_haus said:
Heard: Gillian Anderson will join "The Practice" after her stint as Scully on the X-files is over this Sunday.
It's a shame what happened to that show.

In its prime, IMO, X-Files was the best show to ever hit the airwaves. Period. What happened? Can you say agent Dogget and agent Rayes (SP?)? Both are poor actors working with washed-up scripts.

They should've ended the series the season after the movie came out. It's very much the same as a famous major league pitcher sticking it out in the big leagues for a few years too long. Took 15 years to get 285 wins, and took another six to finally hit 300. Sure he made it, but lost all his glory with a ending string of 2-18 seasons.

Oh well, I fully expect the show to go out with a bang this Sunday...

·
3,762 Posts
in_d_haus said:
I agree, I think they just flat ran out of ideas.
You know what confuses me, though? They set up the storyline so well with the movie and then the beginning of the following season. Then they just dropped it in in mid-stride. No more conspiracy, no more aliens, etc. They should've kept the smoking man. They should've done more with the bees and the alien-human hybrids, but they didn't. The just completely abandoned it. Maybe they have another movie in store for us?? :dunno:

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think they stole/loaned some of the writers for "Millenium" (which died) and they never got their stride back. Plus Duchovney and Anderson were squaking a lot back then that they were moving off to new things. They origionally had planned to release 5 movies.... have not heard anything about a 2nd one yet.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
ff said:

You know what confuses me, though? They set up the storyline so well with the movie and then the beginning of the following season. Then they just dropped it in in mid-stride. No more conspiracy, no more aliens, etc. They should've kept the smoking man. They should've done more with the bees and the alien-human hybrids, but they didn't. The just completely abandoned it. Maybe they have another movie in store for us?? :dunno:
That's exactly it. The continuing story arc about the alien conspiracy that spanned all the episodes was the whole show. WTF happened to it?:dunno:

I don't blame Duchovny for wanting to spend more time at home than working on a series though, ...hmm Tea Leoni or leave town and work ... hmmm.

·
Where am I?
963 Posts
I think it's extremely clear to me from this last season that Chris Carter just doesn't give a flying fatootie about it anymore. Yes, that's right, "fatootie". :eeps:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts