BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about putting a system in my car but I'm worried about draining the battery cause I know they are expensive to replace and register. My previous car I had 2-12 Audiobahns 1400 watts each with a Rockford Fosgate BD1001 amp and I had to replace the battery every year. Luckily the battery had warranty everytime and it didn't have to be registered.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've had my system in for 2yrs now... No problems yet. I read somewhere that the stock E65 alt is 180amp. Which is pretty decent for a audio system.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've had two setups in my car. First one was two 12" JL W6 with a Memphis 1100watt amp. Now i have one 12" JL W7 with a Hifonics 2400watt amps ( but it's only pushing about 1200watts) It's a 3ohm woffer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a nice setup. No battery problems once so ever? How did you get the input from the stock head unit?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Their are a few threads on how to hook up the audio system...You'll need a Line out convertor. I got one off of ebay that has a built in remote wire. Nobody on the board has be able to find a good remote switch. So the LOC with remote is your best bet. You tap your audio signal off of your L7 amp (it has to be off the woffers that are under the seats). I'll post a pic of my setup later.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CAR-AUDIO-R...102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adeb83256

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Their are a few threads on how to hook up the audio system...You'll need a Line out convertor. I got one off of ebay that has a built in remote wire. Nobody on the board has be able to find a good remote switch. So the LOC with remote is your best bet. You tap your audio signal off of your L7 amp (it has to be off the woffers that are under the seats). I'll post a pic of my setup later.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CAR-AUDIO-R...102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adeb83256
why not use the sun-roof motor, it powers off with the car's ignition :dunno:

AGM batteries are a bit better wit discharges and recharges than your typical lead car battery, but it's still going to suffer if you like to crank up your music to the point where your drawing heavily on the electrical system.

I don't mean to be stupid, but why the need to go with 1200 watts of subwoofer in a car like the 7? Wattage doesn't mean more loudness!

·
Registered
460 Posts
why not use the sun-roof motor, it powers off with the car's ignition :dunno:

AGM batteries are a bit better wit discharges and recharges than your typical lead car battery, but it's still going to suffer if you like to crank up your music to the point where your drawing heavily on the electrical system.

I don't mean to be stupid, but why the need to go with 1200 watts of subwoofer in a car like the 7? Wattage doesn't mean more loudness!
The LOC w/remote is a super easy install. Is the sun roof motor circuit located in the trunk section? :dunno: lol I'm not even going to comment on your last question. :rofl:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
The LOC w/remote is a super easy install. Is the sun roof motor circuit located in the trunk section? :dunno: lol I'm not even going to comment on your last question. :rofl:
The fuse to it should be back there in the trunk. Why not? I don't understand why 2x 250 watt shallow mounts where the OE ones are won't work enough for everyday listening. I mean what's the point of shaking the whole block with 1000+ watt subs?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had two setups in my car. First one was two 12" JL W6 with a Memphis 1100watt amp. Now i have one 12" JL W7 with a Hifonics 2400watt amps ( but it's only pushing about 1200watts) It's a 3ohm woffer.
Are you satisfied with the output from the single 12? Are you ported or sealed? Did you have to remove any sound dampening material between the rear seats and trunk?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Why drive a 7 series when you can buy a Hyundai? Now you know.... Jk
Well why spend the right money on a better setup in the first place, go Infinite baffle on a sub and mount it between the trunk and rear seats. Low power, superb sound and depth! Plus you don't need a box for it! Why buy a stripped out 7 series when you can afford the decked out 760?

·
Registered
52 Posts
On the left side off the trunk were you have the nav computer you have a black connector with i think its like 5cables going into it, one off the thinner cable works very well as a remote for my multimedia player, hasnt caused any problems.
Try them with a multimeter to see witch one.

Only problem is that it stays on a couple of minutes like almost all the electronics in the e65 before it shuts down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts