BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a 2010 328i with iDrive but no Bluetooth audio. I love every aspect of the car except the lack of Bluetooth. My warranty expired last month so I plan to add Bluetooth. Has anyone tried installing the Grom Audio Kit?

Grom Audio

I've asked the dealer and they seem baffled but said it would be $1500. I know BimmerTech sells a ComBox kit for $665 but I may also need to do a software upgrade and maybe other wiring so that puts me over $800 probably.

If anyone has used Grom Audio product it would be good to know how you like it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used the GROM adapter on my previous car (is300) and it was great. Mine took the place of the CD, so instead of the CD player it went to an Ipad/iphone cable. What was great was I could control the the audio from the deck. The track buttons worked to move the the tracks up and down....and of course it charged the device. I really enjoyed the integration and never once had a problem with it. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The link was very helpful Ctuna. I have ground through about 100 pages and am just wrapping my brain around the dozens (maybe hundreds) of possible permutations. I still don't have a warm and fuzzy on the best solution.

Obviously, putting all stock equipment would be best but I fear it is going to be expensive. I have an email into BimmerTech and I'll see what they come back with. They are a great firm and have been extremely helpful. If i start to close in on a $1000 I need to go aftermarket.

It would seem that a decision tree would be very helpful. I've included my options below if there are experts out there that intuitively know the best solution.

S609A - Navigation Professional
S693A - Sat prep
S620A – Voice control
S6UHA - Traffic Information
S8SCA – Telematics access request
S8SPA Control Unit
S645A (crappy radio)

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I would be thinking about upgrading the sound system first.

I would be thinking about upgrading the sound system first.
Who cares about getting more sources for tunes if they have to be
played though a crappy sound system.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641323

Putting tunes on a USB stick is a good option if you use high bit rate mp3 files.
Only the USB port in the arm rest plays usb sticks . (in the new cars)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.