BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a 2010 328i with iDrive but no Bluetooth audio. I love every aspect of the car except the lack of Bluetooth. My warranty expired last month so I plan to add Bluetooth. Has anyone tried installing the Grom Audio Kit?

Grom Audio

I've asked the dealer and they seem baffled but said it would be $1500. I know BimmerTech sells a ComBox kit for $665 but I may also need to do a software upgrade and maybe other wiring so that puts me over $800 probably.

If anyone has used Grom Audio product it would be good to know how you like it.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The link was very helpful Ctuna. I have ground through about 100 pages and am just wrapping my brain around the dozens (maybe hundreds) of possible permutations. I still don't have a warm and fuzzy on the best solution.

Obviously, putting all stock equipment would be best but I fear it is going to be expensive. I have an email into BimmerTech and I'll see what they come back with. They are a great firm and have been extremely helpful. If i start to close in on a $1000 I need to go aftermarket.

It would seem that a decision tree would be very helpful. I've included my options below if there are experts out there that intuitively know the best solution.

S609A - Navigation Professional
S693A - Sat prep
S620A – Voice control
S6UHA - Traffic Information
S8SCA – Telematics access request
S8SPA Control Unit
S645A (crappy radio)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.