BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 02 745i with 59000 miles. I purchased extended warranty through Zurich warranty company and this will be my first claim. They told me it was highest level coverage that they offer and it has $100 deductible.

I've just call bmw this morning and made a appointment because I have a check engine light and airbag light on also my passenger side door speakers (both tweeter and mid) and my rear deck speakers does not work. When I purchased this extended warranty sales associate told me that it will cover my stereo system as long as it's factory.

Anyway, my questions are:
when I called bmw this morning they told me that it will cost $225 to check my check engine light and $225 to check my airbag light. Is diagnos covered under warranty?

Anyone had Zurich company and had a claim with them? How are they in covering warranty?

Will they cover my stereo like they said they would? Anyone claim ask unit (that's what I think went bad) with this company or any other warranty company?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
If your warranty covers everything they check than you pay your 100 bucks and call it a day!

Now if they dont cover lets say your speakers, then you will pay $325. $100 for deductible and $225 for dianosis.

If you still want to get a non warranty item fixed they waive the diagnostic fee.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Weird how the highest level protection comes w/ a $100 deductible. I have a $0 deductible with my plan from mercury. anyway,having stereo/speakers/nav components covered wasn't included with my plan. they wanted an extra $300 for those to be covered. you'll need to check your paperwork. also, $225 for a diagnostic is way too much. BMW should only charge $150 for each problem and if it is determined the fault is covered by something that is covered under your warranty, then you are not responsible for the diagnostic fee. if the problem is related to something not covered under your contract, you will need to pay yourself. good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone for the fast responds. I made my appointment 2weeks from now because they did not have any loaner cars until then. I'm crossing my fingers that they will replace my ask unit.

·
Registered
433 Posts
You would have to check the Contract language to see if diagnostic time is an included in your coverage.

The "highest level plan" has nothing to with deductible. The highest level plan generally refers how comprehensive the coverage is, and has no relation with the deductible. For example, you can buy a $10 million dollar liability insurance policy AND still have a $500, $1000, or whatever deductible the carrier offers.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
The "highest level plan" has nothing to with deductible. The highest level plan generally refers how comprehensive the coverage is, and has no relation with the deductible. For example, you can buy a $10 million dollar liability insurance policy AND still have a $500, $1000, or whatever deductible the carrier offers.
:rolleyes: yes. i'm fully aware of how insurance/warranty works. it was my assumtion that OP purchased the best plan available and generally these companies (if reputable) offer exclusionary policies with $0 deductible.

·
Registered
353 Posts
yeah with Mercury I could choose between $100 $50 and $0 deductible. I opted for the $50 and paid a little more

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, by highest plan I meant best comprehensive coverage not really deductible. I think I was given a choice between $100 and none. I chose $100.

·
President
8,099 Posts
should have taken 0

so u dont have to worry about bringing the car in as many times as u want for any kinds of repairs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts