BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've posted extended warranty's already but i want to be specific..

For those with aftermarket extended warranty's, please let me know who you have and how much and what coverage...I am specifically interested in 7's that bought thier warranty's after 60K miles..seems i cant get the top of the line warranty's cause of my miles..I did find AA Auto warranty who would though. Right now my CPO warranty runs out in 7/09 so i need a close to OEM warranty as i can get becasue i really dont want to sell the 7! Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try Carfax. I just got a 3 yr, 45,000 bumper to bumper for $3000.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Nekhi, Call the Carfax/Carchex People. They will sell you complete coverage for your 03 even if you have 99K miles on it, $3500 for 36K/3yrs.

Call this dude - direct at 877.227.8439 ext 1166 George Robinson.

Just get it done and give us the good news.

However, ask all the questions beforehand.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mustaine, i just called the number you posted, and it went right to a voice mail that said...."please leave your numeric message????????? could not input extension number

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just talked to him, thanks! He quoted me the comprehensive 3year/36k for 3500 to include nav....do you have this plan??? is this preatty close to oem warranty????

·
Registered
766 Posts
No, My car is 05. I was just checking for a dear friend of mine, who has an 03 99K on it. And she was really concerned about her extended warranty issues.

I'm glad it worked for you. Cheers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sooooooooooooooooooooooo, the 3/yr 36K was offered to her even with 99K???? He kind of made it sound like for me to get this comprehensive w/nav. i need to get it now before i flip 70k........maybe i understood wrong?????????? I have a year left on CPO and by the time i will need the aftermarket warranty i will probably be around 80K.....I have had quotes from Mercury who offered me Silver and AA Auto warranty

·
Registered
766 Posts
I would say that check the components that they cover, and then pull the plug on the deal once they are offering it. Don't wait until it's too late. Timing is everything. Who knows they might scrap the whole plan in future, and you have no where to go.

IMO. Exhaust all your resources, and then go for it. Ask him who's underwriting the policy and then check them on BBB.

This one seemed to me the best by far. There are other warranties but hardly anyone offers a comprehensive beyond 6 years or 100K.

If I were in your predicament, I would go for it after doing some research but don't be too late.

Edit: I just saw it - Get it before you hit 70K. What are you at as if now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
how do most of these warranties work?

do you choose the mechanic or do they have a network of mechanics?

do you pay out of pocket and then wait for reimbursement or do they pay directly to the mechanic?

can you go to the dealership?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I just got a 3yr 100k w/carchex underwritten by National Auto Care for 2982.00 100.00 ded, NAV and HiTech electronics covered with exception of DVD player and 6 disc changer. seems like a great deal to me anything specific I should be asking they give 30 days to review the policy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts