BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 1999 Z3 2.8 I will have 19x8 on the front and 19x9.5 on the back, I am wondering what kind of suspension I should put on. I know that coilovers would be the best, but I don't know what company makes the best, and if i don't do coilovers what are the best spings and shocks.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
For coil overs, Ground Control, TC Kline, or KW. Most people run one of the first two.

Otherwise, the "common" setup is H&R Sport springs with your choice of Bilstein or Koni shocks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
felonious monk said:
Why is that? On a street-only car c/o's are overkill and a waste if you don't do corner weighting (which most don't do because it's a costly endeavor).
Coil-overs are fine for the street. The springs are smaller and lighter for one thing, but being able to adjust the ride height for normal driving, taking a trip with wife & luggage (dial it up), or showing off at South Beach or BMW events (dial it low), that's the real benefit. I can adjust all 4 corners in 15 minutes.

Note: whether you use coil-overs or not, if you are using shorter springs, you definately should consider using 1" shorter struts in the front. The stock strut simply does not have enough travel with a shorter spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts