BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come from a much different line of cars than a BMW but my girlfriend and I fell in love with the 4 series so we will be purchasing two before the year ends.

I'm getting a 435i/440i coupe in blue with the m sport pkg and nav (manual)
She's getting a 428i Gran Coupe in black with nav and upgraded wheels. (wanted manual but no GC in manual)

So my question is, am I in the right sub-forum to inquire about mods? We're both looking for an exhaust for our vehicles and I'm just seeing what you guys recommend or have on your car. Budget isn't an issue as long as I'm paying for quality and not just the name.

I'm all ears!

Also, any other "must have" mods with these cars?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I have the Dinan exhaust on my F30 (328) and am very pleased.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might get some ideas from my build thread HERE

woah quite the build. Simple and it sounds great! That's almost exactly what I'm looking for.

The factory MPE - M Performance Exhaust - has a nice sound without a lot of drone at cruise. Lots of choices for power mods, best value per horsepower & the most horsepower is the JB4 system.

More info on tunes than you can ever use is here with the search key.
Thanks for the info on the search bar. Yeah I got a little crazy with my previous car (2015 Mustang) and ended up destroying my third cylinder due to a wastegate malfunction that shot 35 PSI into it.

Keeping it tame this round, throw on a exhaust and perhaps a tune, wheels and tint. Done deal

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bringing this thread back

So I've come to realize that Performance BMW in Chapel Hill, NC thinks they can sell 2016s for MSRP and won't negotiate. They tried to sell me a 435i for 73k...

I am open to the idea of ordering a 440i with what I need through a dealer and picking it up in Charleston, SC at the experience center. Does anyone have a dealer they recommend that I can work with remotely?

I want to place my order in February, I'm going to lease.

Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just bought a 2017 440 gran coupe last Friday and they are picking it up next Friday to install the M pack, I have a JB4 unit from another car, do not think it works with the new engine. I had used Dinan stuff for years but when they could fix the bugs in the 650i I had it removed. Sorry this is my first post in this section I have been around a while in the new 6 series area.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Bringing this thread back

So I've come to realize that Performance BMW in Chapel Hill, NC thinks they can sell 2016s for MSRP and won't negotiate. They tried to sell me a 435i for 73k...

I am open to the idea of ordering a 440i with what I need through a dealer and picking it up in Charleston, SC at the experience center. Does anyone have a dealer they recommend that I can work with remotely?

I want to place my order in February, I'm going to lease.

Thanks
I'm in AZ and ordered my car from Greg Poland at Pacific BMW in CA, had a really good experience with that. I'm not sure if that would be worthwhile for you though since you're a lot further away. Transportation costs would likely eat up any cost savings you would have.

·
Super Moderator
3,654 Posts
The absolute biggest bang for your buck is a European spec drivers side mirror. It has an aspheric outside edge to greatly reduce or eliminate the blind spot. I have them on both sides but the drivers one is the best.

Having amber rear turn signals is nice but not as big a bang. Good tires are also high yield.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in AZ and ordered my car from Greg Poland at Pacific BMW in CA, had a really good experience with that. I'm not sure if that would be worthwhile for you though since you're a lot further away. Transportation costs would likely eat up any cost savings you would have.
Car would be delivered to the experience center for free, that's where it arrives from Germany :thumbup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update, Greg Poland was a huge joke... It took him 4 days to reply to ask me my zip code and then never replied again. I'm going to drop 6 figures there and still couldn't entertain it. What a joke,

Still waiting to find a decent BMW dealership

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Update, Greg Poland was a huge joke... It took him 4 days to reply to ask me my zip code and then never replied again. I'm going to drop 6 figures there and still couldn't entertain it. What a joke,

Still waiting to find a decent BMW dealership
What kind of BMW 4 series are you going to buy thats 6 figures? Really curious on the build. You are also the only person who has reported a poor experience with greg, so sorry that did not work out for you. Good luck on your dealer search :thumbup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sent you a PM with Adrian Avilla's contact information. Did a European Delivery last summer with him. Great guy!
Thank you so much! I'll give him a call monday since saturdays are hectic at dealerships and I wouldn't want to disturb his hustle.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts