Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PRO'S:

it does crispen the engine response quite a bit. all it does is reprogram the EML (DBW throttle response to MAX).

CON'S: it's expensive if you pay retail.

i got the software installed hoping that it would negate some of the more irritating quirks of drive by wire throttle.

it works. i'm amazed. for once, something dinan says is outright true. if you can score a discount from your local dinan dealer, i would recommend it, or buy the JimConforti version when it comes out.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Hey Blackdawg,

Thanks for letting us know. :thumb: I was waiting for the Shark Injector, but after reading your post, I think I'll just go with Dinan...

·
10,856 Posts
It would be so nice if BMW would do this on their own. *sigh* Maybe this is their way of getting people into the M models.

·
method to my madness?
16 Posts
ALEX325i said:
Hey Blackdawg,

Thanks for letting us know. :thumb: I was waiting for the Shark Injector, but after reading your post, I think I'll just go with Dinan...
Consider holding out a little longer for the shark injector--it seems that we should see it in 2-3 months from what i've heard. Plus, the conforti software should actually net you some hp, where the dinan wont. And the idea of throwing the stock software back on when you have to deal with nasty commutes during the week is wonderful. :thumb:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah. would recommend shark injector....

...but i have a great relationship with the guy who runs the local dinan tuner shop.

i am there every week looking at things they're working on and they always push me to the front of the queue (this being a byproduct of having spent the most money in the shop's history --> reeks of fiscal insanity).

but man, i feel better about the 325 more and more. don't forget, the wagon with AWD mechanicals is 3650 pounds or so. so anything, ANYTHING helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts