BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My air bag control module failed in my X5. I purchased a used module that was supposed to be compatible. I attempted to get it re-coded yesterday but it seems they may not be compatible.

I would like to know if the replacement air bag control module 0285001458 is compatible with the unit that failed (0285001681). Does anyone know where I can confirm or determine if the one I bought will work in my X5? Is this just a codding error, or is this an incompatible unit?

The problem is I keep getting "Codding data do not agree with the vehicle system"

Codes:

oe Head airbag, rear left
of Head airbag, rear right

I can clear the code and the light will go off and stay off until I restart the car.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
First try finding the original/official BMW part nbr...which is an 11 digit number (xx xx x xxx xxx). Once you have the BMW 11 digit part nbr...just use the part nbr cross reference feature (like on www.realoem.com or www.bmwfans.info) to see what other BMW models use the same 11 digit part nbr.

For example...I have an 06 4.4...and item #1 in this link to the part database is the airbag control module for my model/model year/build date. You can click on the 11 digit BMW part nbr (or the blue "i" in the column for more detail)..and you can see the old (no longer available) part nbrs or newer (superseded nbrs) that are compatible. Again, if you click on the blue "i" to the right of the part nbr...it will give a list of other BMW models that used the same part nbr.

You can also see that this part can only be used on my vehicle (an 06 4.4) with a build date higher than 9/2005:

CLICK this link for part nbr info to the diagram seen below >>>>> http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E...electronic_systems/electric_parts_for_airbag/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.