BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an airbag fault 9402 Google say roll over controller. I unplugged the controller and a new code shows instead 93ff. Google say roll over controller. Plug it back in and it's back to 9402. Lol. Just trying to figure this out. Looks like I unplugged the right module. Haha

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thx for your reply. The bars have not been deployed and no accident. Car had a low battery and during a jump the fault came on. I have tried clearing the history, and error codes on inpa already. Nothing in history and same 9402 code keeps coming back. Expect when I unplugged the ROC then 93ff instead.

Also my inpa version say non of the safety module are available. Just get a error message when I click on any of them.

·
Super Moderator
8,503 Posts
Not sure if you can clear the safety modules in INPA, but you could do it in DIS. You will need to drill down in each modules ECU, & clear the codes from there. If you battery is weak, it is probably a bad battery causing the problem. After replacing the battery, charge it for 12 hours, then clear all of the codes in the modules themselves.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Rymo926,

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact same issue and have now tried a couple of replacement ROC modules and the 9402 persists. I also got 93ff when I left the module disconnected.

-- Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts