BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 1997 5281 at the local dealer now they just called to say I need I seat belt tension sensor installed they want $350 That seems crazy to me anyway. I've fixed many things in the past and maybe able to do this myself. i did some searching and couldn't find any pictures or instructions. I don't even know where the sensor is located.

please help, I need to call the dealer back.

Thanks

·
Ivan
686 Posts
before buying my e39, it had the airbag sign on,
i had to take it to a computer scan before handing the money and also make sure it was all in good working order (at least from the scanner readings)

the guy connected his scanner, he did reset it turned it off. he said some times it is the sensors in the seats. according to his opinion, nothing to worry about, he had some expensive exotic cars in the shop, so i trusted him

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have my 1997 5281 at the local dealer now they just called to say I need I seat belt tension sensor installed they want $350 That seems crazy to me anyway. I've fixed many things in the past and maybe able to do this myself. i did some searching and couldn't find any pictures or instructions. I don't even know where the sensor is located.

please help, I need to call the dealer back.

Thanks
Buy the belt tensioners and do it yourself. I've done it, its very easy. Remove two bolts on front of seat to tilt the seat back - no need to remove it - to get access to the front seat belt tnesioners. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts