BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M3'er's,
I removed my seats to shampoo the carpets. Once I put them back in, the SRS Dash light turned on. I think it was because I removed the seats, but I'm not positive. I bought the www.obdcom.com system to try and reset it, but that doesn't have the option. Does anyone know how to turn off the light?
Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
100 Posts
I know there is a tool that is about $120 and it will reset the light--but that is it's only function. BMW dealerships will also charge about $100 to reset it and your best bet would be to look for a certified BMW mechanic that can reset it for you for around $50. I, however, just left the light on.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
That's ridiculous! Any BMW mechanic should do it for free, mine does that kind of thing for me. All you have to do is plug the stupid machine into the port under the hood, hit clear codes, and viola. He did that for me on the 7 series to reset the SRS light to see if there was a problem, took about 150 seconds. Big deal.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Note that I also live in Southern Illinois and Newbold BMW in O'Fallon is the only one in a pretty far distance--so it's not like they feel the need to do favors. :mad:

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Oh. Do you not have a BMW mechanic somewhere near you? Where the hell do you live dude?! (yeah I know, S. Il, but is that like the middle of nowhere or something? lol)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, I live close to Carbondale which has a couple euro shops--but the guy I bought it off of insisted on the dealer and that's what he said they quoted him on, so he left the light on too! It would just be nice to have a dealer around here that doesn't have a monopoly on a 200 square mile radius.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Lol whoa. It really is different out there huh?
We must have a good 5 or 6 (or more) dealers in like a 40 mile radius, and I can't even count the BMW mechanics around here.

That said, I just noticed, Egebhardt, you're real close to me. Go to the shop I go to, they'll do it no problem. Just call em and ask if you can bring your car down real quick and have them pull codes for the airbag light. 510.793.6067, Fremont Foreign Auto. Dunno where in Hayward you are, but just take Mission all the way down to Mowry Ave in Fremont, make a right, go under the tunnel, and before the first light you'll see them on the left, bright red roof. 444 Mowry Ave. (Or take 880 and take Mowry exit, go towards the hills, all the way almost to Mission you'll see em on the right). Great guys there.
They can tell you exactly what the problem is (if there still is one) and then when they're finished just ask them to clear the light before they disconnect it so you can see if it comes up again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts