BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 E90 3-series BMW

For the past 2 months my battery indicator has been appearing most mornings, and on one occassion I had to call out a recovery company to jump start the car. The recovery company checked the alternator and said it was all fine. The car starts , and the battery light disappears after a 5 minute drive. It's almost as if something is draining the battery overnight, even though all electrics appear to be switched off.

Then yesterday, the Air Con stopped working. I can hear a quiet click noise when I switch it on, but no air is blowing at all.

Could these be connected, or is it just coincidence that I'm having a problem with both? Any suggestiongs to identify the root cause? I don't have much spare cash, so can't to incur the costs of a mechanic if this is a straightforward problem.

Paul

·
Banned
10,410 Posts
For the past 2 months my battery indicator has been appearing most mornings, and on one occassion I had to call out a recovery company to jump start the car.

Then yesterday, the Air Con stopped working. I can hear a quiet click noise when I switch it on, but no air is blowing at all.

Could these be connected, or is it just coincidence that I'm having a problem with both?
Replace your battery.

I don't believe in coincidence.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Very common for the blower motor to be damaged from water.

Is your passenger floor carpet wet?

How old is the car? Original battery? Probably need a new one.

The problems are most likely not related.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts