Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took hose off air equalizer because hose that runs from one end of the equalizer to the other was dry rotted and crumbled. Bought a kit to replace that hose and others, all other hoses clamp on perfectly except the one for the air equalizer. Does not get close to fitting.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
That’s not an equalizer but an air distribution manifold. The hose with the crumbling insulation is part of the crankcase ventilation system (CCV).

Since the air distro manifold is out you may need to replace its 6 o-rings. How many years or miles in the CCV?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plan replacing those. I have no idea how many miles. I traded my Yukon for this car 5 months ago for my son. He was 17 and the Yukon killed him on gas. First time I***8217;ve had to work on any bmw since getting this car. I***8217;ve done a lot of work on it since. Learning to work on this has been a challenge. The car has almost 300,000

If you look at my pictures I***8217;m not understanding why the hose is not fitting end to end. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It had a leak from the hvac hose .. leaking coolant. Had remove the intake manifold to get to it. While taking the manifold off there***8217;s been many dry rots that I***8217;ve encountered.

·
Registered
59 Posts
There is another hose that you're missing, this missing hose fits into the connector on the left
(cyl.1 position) and it has a branch fitting where your hose end with the 45 deg. bend goes. Your hose's other end fits into the connector on the right (cyl.6 position). To see the complete picture go to Realoem.com, enter your VIN# and search Engine, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I***8217;m going to pull it up. I***8217;m a newbie with this car. It***8217;s my sons car. I traded my Yukon for it and welp I***8217;ve had issues. It***8217;s a new ball game for me. Again thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts