BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'd like to install an air horn in my e92, but can't find the stock horn or the stock horn wiring/relay in order to install it. I hear the horn is inside the front bumper and I'd prefer not to have to pull that off as my car is leased which means that in 18 months I"d have to pull it off again to remove the air horn.

Can any provide me a tip on how to access the wiring or the horn without taking the whole front of the car apart?

Thanks much!

·
"Clunker" *****
4,684 Posts
So I'd like to install an air horn in my e92, but can't find the stock horn or the stock horn wiring/relay in order to install it. I hear the horn is inside the front bumper and I'd prefer not to have to pull that off as my car is leased which means that in 18 months I"d have to pull it off again to remove the air horn.

Can any provide me a tip on how to access the wiring or the horn without taking the whole front of the car apart?

Thanks much!
Just do a separate installation. Why mess with the OEM?

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just do a separate installation. Why mess with the OEM?
That's an option, but it means running a wire through the firewall and installing a switch which I probably won't reach for in an emergency situation like I would with the stock horn button. Most aftermarket switches installed look pretty bad too, plus I need a completely reversible switch install as the car is leased.

·
Banned
10,410 Posts

I recommend you contact the experts for air horn installation. Their units are among the best solutions for E9x use. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts