BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i put a air intake on my 2001 330ci and to make it fit i had to completely take apart the section where the senor clips in (guessing its a MAF Sensor?). Anyways now i have no cruise control and was wondering how i could fix this. I do still have the piece the sensor clipped into if that helps. any ideas feel free to share lol.

-PAC

·
Registered
275 Posts
YOu mean you running w/o a MAF sensor??? not good bro plus you gonna have a gas guzzler cos it's gonna affect your air ratio to fuel (A/F)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i think so. should i just clip my maf sensor back in to the orginal piece and like tie it down somewhere so its not going all over the place?

·
Keeping it surreal
43,228 Posts
yeah i think so. should i just clip my maf sensor back in to the orginal piece and like tie it down somewhere so its not going all over the place?
Ya know....we try to be kind and helpful to noobs (well, *most* of the time, anyway :), but WHEN are you knuckleheads gonna learn to do a little research BEFORE hacking up a perfectly good car????

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey good idea fast bob why dont you go **** your self. arrogant bastards like you make me want to shooot something.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so much for a site that offers help to people with questions. whats the point of an effin fourm if you get people like bob answering questions

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes you should clip back your MAF sensor .... What sort of intake did you install??? Get a hose reducer to match one end to your intake and the other end to your MAF sensor (http://www.samcosport.com).... fyi on a 330i it's 90mm ...

·
Keeping it surreal
43,228 Posts
hey good idea fast bob why dont you go **** your self. arrogant bastards like you make me want to shooot something.
Ain`t the first time I`ve heard that, and I don`t expect it`ll be the last....you could learn a lot here if you have a little patience....stick around....

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
PACTAVIUS, Regardless of your feelings on Bob's response, he's right - your car is in an "closed loop" mode if all of the air isn't going through the MAF (is that what is happening now? Your description is quite vauge - maybe a picture of how you have it set up would help). You will experience a decrease in performance as well...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Bob may not be diplomatic but he has a good point. Stick around and you'll find out what you need to know. I think in your case it would be best to try and put everything back the way it was and see if it all works. Then do a search for air intake etc, you may learn that the stock BMW setup is one of the best anyway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright i get all of you sooooo possiably a correctly sized t-shaped hose from samco would do the trick?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Why would you need a T shaped hose? just get a straight or an elbow hose reducer .... again what sort of intake do you have ... BMC? AFE? K&N?

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if i get a striaght or an elbow then how would i put both the air intake tubin, maf sensor and connect it to the the original hosing? cutting a whole for the wire of the MAF to come out of?

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,977 Posts
alright i get all of you sooooo possiably a correctly sized t-shaped hose from samco would do the trick?
Two things....

1. Lay off Bob, he is quite knowledgeable.
2. Get a picture for us, I think you did it wrong.....:dunno:
d. Why would your MAF break your cruise control? Maybe you blew a fuse.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok so maybe im a idiot and its not the MAF sensor. What else would it be then. the wire and plug in im speaking of connects into a pluf on the original air filter, right above the large box following the tubing up. when i unhooked it i lost my cruise control sooooo maybe its not MAF?

·
Registered
275 Posts
a picture tells a thousand word .... does it look like this? Just do like it is from the pic and you should be fine ... or alternatively better put back your stock intake and just get a drop-in filter from K&N

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
ok so maybe im a idiot and its not the MAF sensor. What else would it be then. the wire and plug in im speaking of connects into a pluf on the original air filter, right above the large box following the tubing up. when i unhooked it i lost my cruise control sooooo maybe its not MAF?
yes, that's the maf, and like I said, I'm sure the car disables it when in closed loop.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ehhhhh yeah quick similar bro im just lacking the plastic piece that your wiring hooks into....not exact as yours and i dont have a pic right now and its like pitch black and downpouring outside

and i agree bob is very knowlegeable....his comments have helped me many times in other threads...just saying no need to be a douche

1 - 20 of 22 Posts