BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an air intake for my 325is. i was wondering how to install it. Do i just take off the old thing and put the filter on the end of the intake? im retarded, sorry lol

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
im retarded, sorry lol
at least you admit it. :rofl:

but there should be intructions that come with it, or if it doesnt, after you get the top of the airbox off there four bolts that hold the plastic top to the afm. take those off and should be self explanitory from there

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
did it come with an adapter?

does this help?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
as long as its not a foam filter its good enough, i had a weapon r filter and it slowly dissolved

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol don't worry about it dude. any pictures would help me. i should be getting mine in the mail tomorrow

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
hows it sound^, my K&N is pretty quiet compared to my old filter

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well my Sh*t exhaust kinda overpowers every other noise the car makes but if you're close to the intake it sounds aright. lol

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
remove your hood insulation, not only weight reduction but you can hear every noise the conefilter makes, and the downside you can hear the valves ticking

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
^looks good, zip ties are amazing

·
obsessed
806 Posts
remove your hood insulation, not only weight reduction but you can hear every noise the conefilter makes, and the downside you can hear the valves ticking
and it also makes your paint on the hood go bad faster than the rest of the car. it may even start peeling off and deteriorate. not worth it for noise if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts