BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I changed the FSR of my car in November, now is getting warn ion Texas and I need to use the air to cool of the hot summer. Th air is acting weird on the driver side the are is not really cold the passenger seen to be fine.

I also notice that if I set the temp to 74 F or above the fans start blow stronger and is I set it below that the fan decreases.

Any ideas of that what is going on with my car.

thanks

·
when will the keg end?
552 Posts
I too would like to know this one as my 2001 blows cold on the driver side but warmish on the passenger side.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too would like to know this one as my 2001 blows cold on the driver side but warmish on the passenger side.
I read in another post that when the air system is low in gas the air flavors the driver's side, that may be your case. In my case is the other way around

·
when will the keg end?
552 Posts
I read in another post that when the air system is low in gas the air flavors the driver's side, that may be your case. In my case is the other way around
hmmm good to know, I will have to recharge it at my work then. Do you know what the spec (off the top of your head) is for how many pounds in the system?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Erik

I confirm that this is due to low amount of A/C refrigerant.
It is R-134A and the weight/pressure info is under the hood of every car, on a sticker. :thumbup:

Regards

David

·
when will the keg end?
552 Posts
Erik

I confirm that this is due to low amount of A/C refrigerant.
It is R-134A and the weight/pressure info is under the hood of every car, on a sticker. :thumbup:

Regards

David
Thanks, Im too used to my e30s and e28s where you have to hunt down all the info you need.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. It is cold on the driver side and warm on the pax side. I picked up some refrigerant and a pressure gauge. To my surprise the pressure was 45. Does that mean that I am not low on coolant? It was probably operator error. Hardly any of the can made it into the system. I still have the same issue. Any other suggestions?

:dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts