BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't had any issues with the air suspension but there have been a couple threads about it on the F01 and G12 boards. The F01 only has single axle air suspension but the G12 has dual axle, so the systems are not identical but you may find some value going through those threads too.

Hey guys. My g11 2016 740i is sagging from the front right air bag, but unlike all these other posts I’ve seen, I don’t get any codes thrown up… the most I have seen is the chassis warning that pops up. However it still lets you drive like this… I’m only 20 looking for a quick fix and diagnostic… what do you guys reckon the problem is and recommend I do ?

more info: It makes a weird hiss sound if you pick it from the passenger side fender and drop it. Also does it on bigger bumps. But it still holds air. And when I click the raise function it fills but not as much it should be…

·
Registered
6 Posts
There was an extended warranty for 80k miles and 8 years for the air shocks. I think a few of us received the letter from BMW about it
Wow, that is a huge relief! I wasn't ready to spend the money on repair. I just threw it in comfort plus (that way it just kept filling the air while driving)

Another question I have is... Would I have to be the first/ Original owner to use the warranty or does it follow the car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you don't see the letter and want it fixed now- the Service Bulletin is - SI B 01 05 22 (from May 9, 2022) shown here-
Give your BMW service center that number and you should be good (if the problem is a leaking strut).
If you bought the car from a private seller, BMW may not know you have the car.
Thank you so much... this will be helpful on Monday morning!!
Just curious... how would I Inform BMW that I have the vehicle? Through the app?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts