BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
BMW has extended the warranty on the front/rear struts for the G11/G12 models for cars under 8 years/80k miles. I had my right rear done recently under this extended warranty. I haven't received a letter in the mail, but I showed my service advisor the letter someone else posted on a different forum. She looked it up and said I was covered.

Little backstory - I was having the same issues that you were having @Plasma . I have an extended warranty, so I took it in for service. At first they said it was one of the solenoids on the compressor were faulty, so they replaced the compressor (covered under my warranty) All good, but my car was still not level and would give me a chassis error when I tried to use the self leveling, so I took the car back. That's when they found a small leak in the right rear strut, but it was high in the bag, so when the car would try to self level it would never reach that point, and give me a chassis error. My extended warranty does not cover struts. I was able to find an aftermarket strut on Amazon. They allowed me to bring my own aftermarket strut and charged $500.00 for labor. I brought the strut, they did the job, and then I found out about the extended warranty on the struts. To my surprise, they honored the extended warranty on the struts, and removed the aftermarket and installed the OEM strut.

BMW extending warranty for front/rear air suspension strut assemblies ~ 8 years / 80K
Font Material property Paper Document Letter

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unfortunately my car is slightly over the mileage. I glad your issues were figured out.

So BMW allowed you to bring in a non OEM part, and the installed it?
They did allow me to bring my own aftermarket part. Previously they had said that they only install OEM and non used parts, but I asked nicely and they agreed. I guess the way they look at it, is money is money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts