BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Wow, that is a huge relief! I wasn't ready to spend the money on repair. I just threw it in comfort plus (that way it just kept filling the air while driving)

Another question I have is... Would I have to be the first/ Original owner to use the warranty or does it follow the car?
I'm the 2nd owner and got the letter. Do you should be good.

·
Registered
2018 740e xDrive iPerformance
283 Posts
Wow, that is a huge relief! I wasn't ready to spend the money on repair. I just threw it in comfort plus (that way it just kept filling the air while driving)

Another question I have is... Would I have to be the first/ Original owner to use the warranty or does it follow the car?
If you didn't get the letter and want it fixed now- the Service Bulletin is - SI B 01 05 22 (from May 9, 2022) shown here-
Give your BMW service center that number and you should be good (if the problem is a leaking strut).
If you bought the car from a private seller, BMW may not know you have the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you don't see the letter and want it fixed now- the Service Bulletin is - SI B 01 05 22 (from May 9, 2022) shown here-
Give your BMW service center that number and you should be good (if the problem is a leaking strut).
If you bought the car from a private seller, BMW may not know you have the car.
Thank you so much... this will be helpful on Monday morning!!
Just curious... how would I Inform BMW that I have the vehicle? Through the app?

·
Registered
2013 750i and 2015 740i
3,168 Posts
Just curious... how would I Inform BMW that I have the vehicle? Through the app?
Call BMW Customer Relations:

You may also want to ask your service advisor to update the information they have. The home dealer for your car will get notified for any upcoming services or certain malfunctions, which sometimes includes a personalized service coupon.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts