BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all!
I have a big problems with my X5, and I'm looking for some suggestion to make or check by myself from you that probably are more expert than me.

From some days, I have an issue with the air suspensions...for three days I found the rear right side very low...after switching on the machine the compressor start to pump and it seemes in the correct height.

Yesterday evening I connected my laptop with ista+ and I found a lot of error that I will tell you later (maybe in another post), and I try to fill and empty both air suspensions with this results:

Right side (the one that I found low in the morning) go down when empty and go up.
Left side don't go down and seems also up...stay Always pumped also if you hear the compressor works.

This morning the car has both the air suspension up...

I don't have error from gauge, so I don't know what could be...before change the 2 air springs for nothing, I want to be sure what could be the problems...

Could you help me and suggest some tests?

thanks in advance to all.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,837 Posts
.before change the 2 air springs for nothing,.
Does this mean you have already replaced BOTH airbags, still does this?

Look to the valve block and/or connectors. Make some soapy water mix, see if you can find the leaks by sloping the water on and looking for bubbles

GL

·
Registered
8 Posts
I replace one airbag with no joy. I jacked up the car and then lowered to initiate the compressor. Once it finished it's cycle I listened for a hiss. I had an issue with the blue line, I moved the line and heard the hiss change. Tightened it up all sorted

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,837 Posts
I was asking the OP... I quoted his content... FYI ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Apologies, New to this, Just trying to be helpful, thought I would try help out since the OP? hasn't had any response on this since they posted 5 days ago.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,837 Posts
Apologies, New to this, Just trying to be helpful, thought I would try help out since the OP? hasn't had any response on this since they posted 5 days ago.
Not a problem at all. Just a housekeeping comment to keep storylines from intermingling!

:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts