BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I know this X5 section, but i will post my X6 issue here cause X5 owners faced this types of problems before and have more ideas, the air suspention problem start before 3 months, when i turn off the car rear driver side drop down , but it raise up to normal level when starting the car again, not always but some time the problem appear, couple days ago i see that the car droped from the driver side very low , and the other side raised way
to high , without any fault shown on the screen, for the first time i take it bmw workshop in the town cause the warranty expired and i know the dealer will charge me $$$$ , the workshop guy said to me the rear driver side air spring need to be replaced, i bought new one from the dealer 410$ , the other day i went to the workshop the mechanic was just starting the car, the car raised up but the passenger side was a bit higher, they said they will recalibrate the system, i stayed with them for 30 min then the leveling issue appeard on the screen, they swap the sensors places to check if the problem is from the sensors but nothing change, now he said the valves that come with air compressors need to be checked. I am really disappointed, i will see what end up i keep you updated.

Mine is 2010 35I Sport package.

·
Registered
871 Posts
wow 69 view no reply!!
LOL...don't be surprised. You advised us that you will keep US updated. We are all just waiting to see the outcome. There are several threads here that state the Air suspension (pneumatic spring to be more accurate) could be the culprit, but since you advised that you replaced them already and are looking at a different part, we are waiting. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

after the car set in the workshop for a while, the last decision was that the air compressor need replace ,dealer price 1720$ !!!, finally before they make final decision they cleaned up the air lines and thanks god everything is fine, strangely they said that the air spring that i bought it from the dealer is a bit higher than the old one !

·
Registered
871 Posts
Update

after the car set in the workshop for a while, the last decision was that the air compressor need replace ,dealer price 1720$ !!!, finally before they make final decision they cleaned up the air lines and thanks god everything is fine, strangely they said that the air spring that i bought it from the dealer is a bit higher than the old one !
Cool, glad it worked out for you! I just have a question..."cleaned up the air lines" ?? Does that mean they just tightened them or did they actually replace some sort of "O" rings/gaskets?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Update

Just replace both, since one is gone the other one might go too

·
Registered
871 Posts
/\ /\ /\ Thanks for the info!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.