BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is there any good air wrench, for 325i ?
I guess, it will be kinda generic, in that, it can be used for any car/tire of any size right?

And I guess it will get it's power from the car???

Is it air wrench or electric wrench or pneumatic lug wrench or are they all same/different?

Thanks

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
Air wrenches are not car specific, as you realized (so this thread could go in the DIY forum).

The air wrench gets it's "power" from air. Which means a compressor. A big azz compressor! And not the from the car itself.

Actually, with the compressor, you can hook up any number of tools.... Impact driver, wrenches, etc., etc., etc.

This subjects has, as usually, been discussed several times... Do a search for "compressor" to start with, and then follow any leads that you find.

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
vimal said:
Thanks.
I was just wondering any portable wrench(automatic) which I can keep in trunk always and get power source from car and use in case of flat tire emergency.
In that case, you don't "need" anything more than the lug bolt wrench that comes with the car to get the lugs on/off. If you don't have or don't carry a torque wrench with you, don't worry too much about the proper torque as long as you get them good'n'tight when you put the new wheel on. You can fix that later (but not too much later).

You might want to get one of those tiny tire inflators that run off the cigarette lighter (they typically run about $10-15). That way you can pump up a flat while on the road in an emergency.

If you want to get something better, get a decent torque wrench, which will do 88 ft lbs. If you wanna go nuts later on, you can get a cordless impact wrench and a 17 mm thin wall impact socket.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
IMO a breaker bar will be FAR more useful to carry in a car than an impact wrench.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts