BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I have a 1997 z3 bought recently, here in the UK, It has an enormous steering wheel 385mm across.

I have just purchased a steering wheel from the states, It is A BRAND NEW M Tech wheel, Diameter 350mm.

But he does not have or sell the airbag, The airbag part number is 32342228975, does anybody know where I can get One.

Many thanks,

Alan Haste

[email protected]

·
Dragon Master of TEXAS!
876 Posts
What year is that M-Tech wheel? If it is too new, the airbag you are talking about may not work on your 1997 Z3.

The driver side airbags for the 1997 Z3 are the single stage systems. The late 1999 and on are for dual stage airbag systems. The wiring and software are totally different systems. No, the average Joe can not modify the system to make it work.

You can also find out if it will work from your dealer.

As to where to find one, your best bet is the junk yard or a private seller. The dealers are not allowed to sell these items to the general public - - at least in the states. Plus with the event of 9/11, getting your hands on these explosives are even more tough.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. Oh yeah, did you ask TimUK, he is the local head know everything on the otherside of the pond. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Airbag for z3

Thank you very much for your help, I will try the uk guy you suggest.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts