BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little while back, my airbag light came on and I finally bought the Peake SRS code reader/reset tool. It lists the following code: Table 02, Code 11 which is "passenger seat belt buckle switch". I reset the light. My question is, has anyone else had this seat belt buckle switch code before? Any idea what might cause it? Do I have a "real" problem that I need to fix? -thanks

· Dragon Master of TEXAS!
894 Posts
Things to check for (m)

Check for the connectors between the seat and the wiring harness. To make sure it has not worked itself loose. If it did do the following:

First disconnect the battery.
Then disconnect and connect the wiring for that seat (seatbelt, heating, etc.) Do one at a time.
Connect the battery.
YOur car will then show the SRS light.
Use your SRS resetter.
Drive around.
Turn off the car.
Turn on the car to see if the SRS light goes back on.

If it comes back on, go to the dealer! If it did not come back on. You will be okay.

I would also do the following, check the buckle assembly for any debris inside. Clean out if you see anything, use a pick or vac.

Good luck!

· Registered
2 Posts
z4 srs code reader

I bought a peak srs code reader a couple month ago and tryed it on my bmw 2003 z4.
It did not work so i talked with the company rep. and told him my stury and he said the the tool had a drastic fall starting on 2003 so the refunded me.Does any one know of a tool that will work on the 2003 z3 at around 150 dollars

· Registered
74 Posts
About a month ago, my airbag light lit. My indy shop checked and found a code for the driver seat belt buckle. They cleared it, said it may have been a fluke (had been doing some 'spirited' driving when it came on). So far, it has not lit up again.

· Registered
1,591 Posts
Try Deoxit (available from Radio shack) to clean the connectors and use a couple of cable ties to secure the harness to the seat.

You should see a plastic plug tapped to the harness, this is meant to go through a hole in the seat rail but often is broken or not conencted.

A couple of cable ties in the same location will make sure that any seat movement is not transfered to the connectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.