BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

AIrbag Deployment

1184 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Gee_115
Hi,

I've sportted a BMW E60 on which the air bags have gone off from an accident. The engine starts but the car wont drive.

I wanted to know that in BMW's if the air bag is deplyed the car wont drive? The cars got an automatic gearbox. Or is the other damage which is preventing the car from driving and it has nothing to do with the airbags?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Usually if the air bags deploy so does the positive battery cable. That may be the problem. Or it could be worse than it looks.

Sent from my C771 using Bimmer App
in my experience, if it doesnt drive but does start, there are likely bigger issues. if youre gonna buy one to get a good deal, you better know what youre doing or its gonna get really expensive.
Hi,

I've sportted a BMW E60 on which the air bags have gone off from an accident. The engine starts but the car wont drive.

I wanted to know that in BMW's if the air bag is deplyed the car wont drive? The cars got an automatic gearbox. Or is the other damage which is preventing the car from driving and it has nothing to do with the airbags?
The cable cutoff after the airbag deploy serves to cutoff power to prevent fires. If the car is starting then it does have power. The OP needs to provide more information, if the car won't drive there is likely more issues which would probably give an error message. Is it going into gear? What errors do you have? Where was the damage, front end, rear, side?
We need more to help you.
Usually if the air bags deploy so does the positive battery cable. That may be the problem. Or it could be worse than it looks.

Sent from my C771 using Bimmer App
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.