BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys

EDIT: Apparently you can't hit enter to create a new paragraph..

Anyways.

I'm looking for a scan tool or something to help me reset/turn off this airbag light that I have on in my car. Is there by any chance anyone in the Fredericksburg/Stafford area who could help me out? Around exit 130. I can return the favor with some delicious food at one of the various local dining facilities :p

Thanks!

· Registered
3,847 Posts
You can get a Peake code reader for $130 that can read and reset the light but it can not read other types of codes. If you just want to reset the light unplugging the battery for awhile might do the trick but you would still need to fix what ever triggered it.

· BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,564 Posts
I found another local BMW enthusiast with a Peake SRS reset tool and met up with him and turned mine off for $0.00. Dealer will probably charge you an absurd amount. If you can't find anyone who owns the Peak tool, I'd recommend going to an independent BMW service shop before going to a dealer. An indie shop will probably only charge you a few dollars, if anything.

· Registered
384 Posts
My passenger occupancy sensor is out. Bought a "bypass" gizmo off eBay to turn off the freaking light until I can afford to get sensor replaced. Gizmo did not work. Freaking light still on after installing useless gizmo and clearing code with my Peake SRS tool. Did I do something wrong...other than buying useless gizmo off eBay?

· Registered
384 Posts
So I figured. The passenger occupancy sensor is an expensive one to replace. :(

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still looking for one sadly. The dealership isn't practical sadly. Nearest one is 40 miles from me. I could check an independent shop however I would prefer to trade some tacobell or chicfila for assistance. :D

Sent from my DROID3 using Bimmer App

· Somebody stop me....
3,719 Posts
Peole who install race seats have to bypass them. Search for a DIY on tricking the sensor to think there is somebody in the seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.