BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site. I have 2009 335i sedan that the driver side airbag and passanger side airbags deployed. Can you replace the airbags and reset module or do you have to replace the MRS control module before it can be reset?

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,164 Posts
I am new to this site. I have 2009 335i sedan that the driver side airbag and passanger side airbags deployed. Can you replace the airbags and reset module or do you have to replace the MRS control module before it can be reset?
Did the seat belt pre-tensioners go off as well?
Before I can answer your question I need to know what caused the bags to go off and what have you replaced so far.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,215 Posts
Did the seat belt pre-tensioners go off as well?
Before I can answer your question I need to know what caused the bags to go off and what have you replaced so far.
hmm... methinks this is a salvage title car repair thread....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no neither seat belt tensioners went off. My car was in hit in right side. No frame damage. Just bumper cover and right fender. I have only replace the sidecurtain airbag and the steering wheel airbag. I have not replaced any sensors

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,164 Posts
no neither seat belt tensioners went off. My car was in hit in right side. No frame damage. Just bumper cover and right fender. I have only replace the sidecurtain airbag and the steering wheel airbag. I have not replaced any sensors
At least I don't think they went off because both seat belts work.
hmm... methinks this is a salvage title car repair thread....
Sorry Wilke, this is no job for you to be messing with. Your situation is not something you should be getting internet advice on. I'm out of this loop.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Sorry Wilke, this is no job for you to be messing with. Your situation is not something you should be getting internet advice on. I'm out of this loop.
+1. Wilke, you're in over your head if you're asking questions like this on the internet. Take the car to a collision shop that is certified to work on BMWs. The car's safety systems should only be repaired by someone who knows them well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.