BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have a 2007 Alpina B7 and hated my black seats as it was so boring inside and decided to swap out seats from a Junkyard Score.. The seats came out of a 2008 750LI
And were to my amazement in Pristine condition.. Natur Brown Heated, airconditioned and Massaged ..
So performed the Swap and it came out looking amazing but Air bag dual lights on cluster came on. Been on for 3 weeks now .. It has been so annoying driving around with the lights on. Sucks.....Question is was it all worth it?
Fast forward today.
The problem have been the seat belt tensioners in both the front seats so Both had to be removed and swapped from my black seats. I also removed the Air Bag Modules located underneath the seats...they were very easy to get them off surprisingly... 2 black clips hold them.. you pinch the 2 and the module slides off...
With the Safety stuff swapped from old seats i connected my Foxwell Nt510 reader and the airbag code and lights were cleared...wow...finally!!!
So moral to story if u swap out seats from a accident ridden 7, change out the seat buckles and modules...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My current project is i found another 2008 750i this time and im dismantling the 4 door panels. Ill be taking just the door panel armrests, B Pillar and middle Natur brown Leather stitch inserts. What a PITA.. Im coming from the e38 world and the door panels can be removed my metal nuts.. e65 and e66 door panels have plastic welds...#(

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can see how dirty the armrests were and how clean i can get them...

·
Registered
12,022 Posts
should look pretty good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts