Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BringsMeWomen said:
I have an airline ticket that says "American Airlines". Then under it, it says "operated by Swiss Airlines".

Which terminal do I go to? American or Swiss?

I can see a cheesy joke coming up...

·
Registered
253 Posts
BringsMeWomen said:
I have an airline ticket that says "American Airlines". Then under it, it says "operated by Swiss Airlines".

Wouldn't it make more sense to contact the airlines than to ask people here?

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,018 Posts
If it says operated by Swiss Airlines, you probably Check-in with Swiss Air and go to the Swiss Air terminal. It would probably be best to call them to find out for sure. :thumbup:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,687 Posts
BringsMeWomen said:

What city are you flying into? 99% likely Swiss Air's terminal

·
Dog fight anyone?
1,066 Posts
I believe Swiss International Airlines (no longer SwissAir since 2001) was taken over by Lufthansa in July of 2005.

Maybe you need to check-in at Lufthansa.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Swiss.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
x3Bruin said:
I believe Swiss International Airlines (no longer SwissAir since 2001) was taken over by Lufthansa in July of 2005.

Maybe you need to check-in at Lufthansa.
When you stay in a Hampton Inn, you don't check in at the Hilton just because Hilton owns them all. No, nothing much changed for the public at Swiss airports when Swiss International Air lines was taken over by Lufthansa.

·
Dog fight anyone?
1,066 Posts
john lance said:
When you stay in a Hampton Inn, you don't check in at the Hilton just because Hilton owns them all.
Paris Hilton checks in at the Hampton Inn? What are you talking about?

I was kidding before...its obvious to anyone with half a brain, that on a code share flight you check-in at the airline who is actually doing the flying...

·
Freude am Fahren
19,687 Posts
x3Bruin said:
its obvious to anyone with half a brain, that on a code share flight you check-in at the airline who is actually doing the flying...
:rofl: and what exactly is your point ?:):thumbup:

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Oh give the guy a break....it must be awfully entertaining to poke fun at people who don't fly very often and have a simple question. Good grief.

·
ZHPper
2,124 Posts
MARCUS330i said:
Oh give the guy a break....it must be awfully entertaining to poke fun at people who don't fly very often and have a simple question. Good grief.
However....4 times in the last year I've had reservations on United and ended up getting to whatever the destination was on another carrier. The guy may have a valid point...next time I book United I'm going straight to the Frontier/Delta/Continental desk for my flight.

·
Dog fight anyone?
1,066 Posts
MARCUS330i said:
Huh...:dunno: These Message Boards are supposed to foster a social network and spirit of community among people with common interests. As such, one would expect to find stimulating discussion, passionate debates, helpful advice, answers to interesting questions and of course light hearted humorous exchanges.

Thus, as members don't we have a collective responsibility to keep the message board "interesting"? If not, then why do we even come here? Thankfully, most of the posters in the forum have better sense than to post minutia which they could readily resolve on their own....and for those who don't well, a jab here and there won't kill'em. :stickpoke

Anyway, no its not entertaining, and I do see your point...:thumbup:

Maybe if we're nice to him, he'll share his "Women" with us.:angel:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
x3Bruin said:
Huh...:dunno: These Message Boards are supposed to foster a social network and spirit of community among people with common interests. As such, one would expect to find stimulating discussion, passionate debates, helpful advice, answers to interesting questions and of course light hearted humorous exchanges.

Thus, as members don't we have a collective responsibility to keep the message board "interesting"? If not, then why do we even come here? Thankfully, most of the posters in the forum have better sense than to post minutia which they could readily resolve on their own....and for those who don't well, a jab here and there won't kill'em. :stickpoke

Anyway, no its not entertaining, and I do see your point...:thumbup:

Maybe if we're nice to him, he'll share his "Women" with us.:angel:
90% of the questions here can also be answered by calling the dealership, a google search or through other outside sources... But they are still asked and answered here. I checked out some of the stuff you've posted and you've asked some dumb questions yourself... lol

·
Freude am Fahren
19,687 Posts
BringsMeWomen said:
90% of the questions here can also be answered by calling the dealership, a google search or through other outside sources... But they are still asked and answered here.
To be perfectly fair, most of the questions asked here are things that the dealership won't know (accurately) or areas where they might give misinformation (happens a lot). Google might return an answer but could also return 325,768 results. Other outside sources, well, maybe.

·
Dog fight anyone?
1,066 Posts
BringsMeWomen said:
I checked out some of the stuff you've posted and you've asked some dumb questions yourself... lol
Nah...don't confuse sarcastic irony for "dumb"

Anyway, Good job :thumbup: fighting back :throw:....stand up for yourself.

Go on, ask those dumb questions and don't take crap from me or anyone else.

So whats next on the agenda?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
x3Bruin said:
Nah...don't confuse sarcastic irony for "dumb"

Anyway, Good job :thumbup: fighting back :throw:....stand up for yourself.

Go on, ask those dumb questions and don't take crap from me or anyone else.

So whats next on the agenda?
Sarcastic irony eh? Maybe I was being sarcastically ironic with my questions too then. ;)

What's next on the agenda? Headlock and nuggies for x3bruin. :slap:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts