BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My alarm is faulty. A few minutes after the car is locked, the alarm goes off. Any ideals!!!
Thx.

Parto.
2000 528i

·
livin the 'Fest
4,280 Posts
one of two things. it's either the alarm button under the hood, or the batt. going bad. take it to advance and see if the batt. is any good. and if it is than the new alarm thingy is 20 bucks at the dealer. or so last i heard.

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
I believe you can also just disconnect the hood sensor...

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
11,681 Posts
one of two things. it's either the alarm button under the hood, or the batt. going bad. take it to advance and see if the batt. is any good. and if it is than the new alarm thingy is 20 bucks at the dealer. or so last i heard.
Could also be the internal motion sensor on the headliner. 528's do have that, don't they?

·
livin the 'Fest
4,280 Posts
yeah they do. doubt it that though. usually it's one or the other as i said earlier.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx, I 'll check the battery. where under the hood is the alarm buttom? Is the "new alarm thingy" the same as the buttom?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Yeah my 97 528i does it too after being locked a while. Could go off anywhere from 5 minutes after to 5 hours after. No clue whats going on and I doubt my battery's going cause I have no signs of a weak battery. I'll try disconnecting the hood sensor. As for now I have the fuse pulled.

·
livin the 'Fest
4,280 Posts
i had the same issue of mine going off for no reason. i knew it wasn't the batt. and it turned out to be the hood sensor. so i took a paper clip unfolded, cut some length out of it made it into a "u" shape and placed it under the sensor , wedgeing up some so it would make good contact with the hood or you can unplug it. the sensor is located on the cabin air box, drivers side, on the outer edge towards the shock tower. oh and i hadn't had a problem since.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My alarm used to go off for no reason and it was the hood sensor. I simply unplugged mine under the hood, in front of the driver's side filter. When the alarm didn't trigger for several days, I knew I had found the fault.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts