BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have scouted around for months now on many differnt forums, to see if anyone else has the same alarm as me, and if they have the same symptons!

I have a factory installed BMW alarm on me E36 318, its a 1990 model. the following pictures shows the alarm type, and the key fob.

I discovered i had this alarm, when i saw a funny looking key on me keyring, i inspected the engiune bay, and there was a siren lookin device with the place to put the key in, so i think great, ive got a working alarm. when the key was inserted and turned, i thought me ear drum blew up! the alarm just yellled, and flashed me lights at me! so i turned the key back to the position it was to begin with. Also inside the car on the cetre console, i have a LED which lights up when the key is put into the alarm and switched on (or what i think is on). Also when its in the on position, the car will not start, it is immoblised. I have noticed, which can be seen in the pictures, that certain wires on the alarm have been cut, and im not sure if they are ment to be like that.

Also i have a Key FOB(in pic), which i bought a new battery for, which doesnt seem to so anything when pressed.

If you guys could help me out, i would much appricate it!

Key FOB

cheers guys!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone got any idea's or seen alarm before! i've got a few people look at it, and they dont have clue, its a BMW preinstalled one, anyone?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bit of update if anyone gots idea, if i turn it on, the alarm goes off when the door is opened, or lucked and then unlocked and door open, if car is started and then alarm is switched on, alarm will go off, and leave engine running? anyone got any ideas?

Do you think there will be a unit behind the glove box?

Ramine

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Maybe your getting interference from another signal, like a garage door opener, that's making your key fob not work right. On my key fob you have to press down the buttons for a specific amount of time to program it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey, nope, so other signals are involved, with this alarm, do u think that the key fob is needed to deactivate the alarm, or can it be done with a key?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
OH yeah, you need the key fob to deactivate the alarm for sure. Try calling one of those custom stereo installation places cuz they normally do alarm installation etc as well. They can probably help you out a bit. Good luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey, that might be the reason why! right im gunna first take out the glove box, and see if there is a box behind it, might need to press a button to program the FOB to the alarm, will try that then see what happens!

thanks for the info, least it set me in a path which can only lead to more fustration:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts