BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone had a problem with there car alarm stop working I have a 2006 750li and my alarm don’t work no more also my charge battery light comes on alot

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
12,235 Posts
If your car's battery voltage is dropping low enough to trigger a warning to alert you that it needs to be looked at...then other electrical items may not be getting charged properly.

The car's alarm siren has its own internal rechargeable battery (that is charged by the car's battery...which is giving you a warning that it is LOW)...so perhaps there is a connection between the car telling you its battery is low...and the malfunctioning of electrical systems that require power from the car's battery.

Just a thought....and here's some information from the TIS website about the alarm siren system: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/...cking-security-functions/alarm-system/X3theIN

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone had a problem with there car alarm stop working I have a 2006 750li and my alarm don’t work no more also my charge battery light comes on alot

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
How do you know it's not working? I have comfort access, and if ANY of the door handles or motion sensors are disabled, for example a broken wire in a door handle or disconnected motion sensor in the ceiling due to headliner replacement, the car will not report when I lock it. I don't know if the security system is disabled or just telling me that there is a problem and therefore not reporting. This also happens if a door is ajar.

I believe the above conditions can also drain your battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts