Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am looking for concrete values for the track setting of my E46 328i Drifter. All moralizers can take a deep breath again, this is a non-road legal drifter. I'm not interested in topics like tire wear and other things, thanks (no wonder in Germany you have to say that, otherwise people will freak out lol :dunno:)
Back to the question, I would be very happy if you could share your alignment values (please provide concrete numbers). I'm still undecided, especially about the toe alignment. Can you please pay attentation to send answer in europeen parameters like degrees and minutes.:angel:

Many thanks in advance,
Theo

PS: I am sorry for my rusty english.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Beware, I don't know anything about drifting but I do set-up a lot of racecars. So here is the set-up for an e46 M3 track car:

Camber - toe alignment
Front: -2,8 - 1,5mm toe out
Rear: -2,0 - 1,5mm toe in

Like I said, this was for a track e46 M3 but maybe this will give you a direction.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I also have no idea, but what are other RWD drifters using. While the BMW suspension may be better than some of the other cars, the alignment specs should be similar, or at least a good place to start. I know for autocross you want to add camber and caster if you can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hello,
to help people who will ask themselves the same question in the future, I'll just give my setup I have decided.

Front:
Camber: -3 degrees.
Toe-in/toe-out: -0.2 total (-0.1 per side)
Rear:
Camber: 0 degrees (the less power or if too much grip add individually negative camber)
Toe-in/toe-out: Total 0.16

Should be a good basic set-up to start with, the best would be if the caster could be adjustable, but this is only possible with special control arms etc. If you can adjust this, the motto is: A lot helps a lot.

Furthermore avoid a wedge-shaped lowering. If you increase the camber on the front axle, you will have a problem with the steering angle, because the tyre will touch the wheel arch. Correct this with the rim offset or simply with spacers.

Hope I could help someone with this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts