BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Robg and those who participated in a discussion about alignment a while back. I had a slight misalignment in March and was corrected by a local shop. I believe robg had that problem too. Is it fixed yet? :)

Well, I dropped by the Singapore BMW nutheads meet up last Sunday and they were talking about this misalignment issue. The reason given by the dealers here is that this misalignment is the norm and in fact a *safety* preventive measure. :rolleyes: Hmm....Here's why. The steering is slightly aligned to the left so that if the driver dozes off, the car will drift to the left of the road, instead of a head-on collision with the car in front. Remember, we have RHDs here. I queried the service consultant and he confirmed that too. Is this for real? Cos I have never heard about this until now.

My take on this is that firstly the driver shouldn't even be driving if he/she feels sleepy. And that Singapore is really about 45mins drive from one end to the other. Secondly, drifting left can cause a collision with parked cars or trees or worst, passengers waiting for cabs. What's the deal here? :dunno: I'd suggest installing an Eyelid Closure Preventive Control (ECPC). New option for 2003 models I heard. If eyelids are closing, direct windshield spray onto driver. :lmao:

Comments? :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Safety issue... hmmm, seems to me like "they" have decided to make this a liability issue if that is true... I mean, who are they to choose which way your car wrecks under such circumstance? No manufacturer should make such a conscious effort to defy the natural motion of the car...

Just a thought

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.