BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my M3 vert next week. I went with the 18" because I moving to Philadelphia, and was unable to find all season, or even winter tires, to fit the 19"s on the M3, on Tirerack.com. The 19"s look really sharp though:mad:. I guess it's too late now:tsk:. Any thoughts?

·
Alter Peter
533 Posts
Picking up my M3 vert next week. I went with the 18" because I moving to Philadelphia, and was unable to find all season, or even winter tires, to fit the 19"s on the M3, on Tirerack.com. The 19"s look really sharp though:mad:. I guess it's too late now:tsk:. Any thoughts?
I have a set of 19" OEM forged on my M3 for the summer with Michelins Sport. For the winter I have the same style of rims only they are 18" they are M3 replica wheels. For the winter on those rims I run 225/40/18 Michelin ICE on all four corners.

You can find the M3 replica rims on the net, they will run you around $600- for a set of 4.

If you do the mat and think about the wear and tear while tires be changed 2 times a year it will pay for itself to have a set of winter wheels with tires mounted and ready to go.

(check the price to change a set of tires and balance them, then multiply this times 2, I bet in 2 years you pay for the extra wheels and don't have to worry about the tire shop damaging your OEM wheels).

Just makes sense what you think?

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts