BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
'02-325XiT said:

I'm probably not the best person to answer your question - I live in the Okanagan Valley about 5 hours East of Vancouver - but I think Hwy 99 to Whistler is kept in pretty good shape because of the volume of traffic, and you don't have major high elevation passes to go through. That said, there's a fair number of problem days with rock slides, etc, but AWD won't help there either!
Thanks, I may make a road trip out to Panorama at some point. Any advice going up that way? Thanks.

·
Touring with Traction
96 Posts
twosomeca said:

Thanks, I may make a road trip out to Panorama at some point. Any advice going up that way? Thanks.
To get to Panorama from CA will take a few high elevation passes, no matter what route you pick!
If it's a nice day, no prob, if it's snowing hard, a 330 without M&S or snows will be tricky. The last 10 miles from Invermere up to Panorama are narrow and steep in places ...

BTW, you may want to check out the mountains in my back yard - Big White and Silver Star. Great snow, lots of variety in terrain, and much less expensive than many other major BC resorts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
twosomeca,
if you can get over the hwy 5 pass between california and Oregon in the winter then you will have no problem driving the road to whistler. snow or all-season tires are always recommended in winter for better traction.

btw, doesn't Motor Trend test the 330xi 0to60 at 5.8sec and the 330i 0-60 at 6.1sec?

mike

·
10,856 Posts
Sure. The xi is great for clutch dumps.

·
Grumpy and Cynical
7,639 Posts
twosomeca said:

Hey, BC, I have a question for you. Can I drive up to Whistler in my RWD 330i during the main ski season? I am thinking that the coast road (99) is pretty safe to drive up to the village, but I am not sure. TIA!
Sure, but you BETTER HAVE REAL SNOW TIRES. Chains are required some times.

Ed

21 - 25 of 25 Posts