Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just called BMW and they said the car was released to the trucking company!! How long does it take from this point??

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
1 day if you're close to a VPC, 1 week if you're far.

Where you located at?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in Iowa so it will probably take 5 days from your estimates. Where is the VPC located, my car docked in NJ. I got the following:

325I
---------------
- Topaz Blue
- Black Leatherette
- Manual
- HK Sound
- Xenons
- SP
- Moonroof

Mods Waiting to install:

- M Technic Bumper (Possibly, need to get a price on this)
- Lighted Shift //M Knob
- K&N Filter
- Valentine One Radar
- PhatBox Mp3 Player (Avail in late July)

I am going to update the stereo in it, I noticed you did a lot of work in yours Ackster. Which head unit do you recommend, I do not need a DVD player up front, but would like something that fits nicely in with the interior like yours does. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Mine took 1 day, I lived 500 miles away. Grats man. Maybe you could try to arrange a group buy on the mp3 player :D :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dredmo said:
Mine took 1 day, I lived 500 miles away. Grats man. Maybe you could try to arrange a group buy on the mp3 player :D :D
I am going to email phatnoise and see how many it would take to get a discount and see if a discount is negotiable on a group buy. I have 5 or 6 friends here that I know are going to get them also. I will keep the forum posted.:yikes:

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
DMD said:
I am going to update the stereo in it, I noticed you did a lot of work in yours Ackster. Which head unit do you recommend, I do not need a DVD player up front, but would like something that fits nicely in with the interior like yours does. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Nice color, options and mods. :thumbup: May I also suggest the following:

Real cheap and they add a nice touch to the car.

Also, concerning the head unit, let me know what you are looking for. There are a bunch of nice CD players out for real cheap (under $300). I'll help you out anyway I can. The type of things I need to know is if you plan on adding on to the system in the future (amps, subs, etc.). This is important when selecting a headunit b/c you will need one that has RCA audio outs.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ackster said:

Nice color, options and mods. :thumbup: May I also suggest the following:

Real cheap and they add a nice touch to the car.

Also, concerning the head unit, let me know what you are looking for. There are a bunch of nice CD players out for real cheap (under $300). I'll help you out anyway I can. The type of things I need to know is if you plan on adding on to the system in the future (amps, subs, etc.). This is important when selecting a headunit b/c you will need one that has RCA audio outs.
Definitley need to add Al pedals to the list of mods. I am looking for a unit that fits the space nicely and I plan to add two 10" subs in the back and some amps so I will definitley need RCA audio outs. For now I think I will keep the standard speakers throughout the cabin space, unless I find them to be horrible. I still haven't heard the HK system so I don't know how it sounds. I am looking to possibly getting a Clarion one, they have one that works as a control unit with a flip up LCD for only $1500 or so. Another question is I noticed you replaced everything, will I have to do the same or will the standard speakers work with the Clarion unit? Thanks again for all the help/advice.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Mine took two days to Chicago, so you might be lucky and get yours in three!

Ackster, do you have titanium trim (or aluminum or whatever it is)? The pedals look great and caught my interest, but I can't help thinking they would look better with the metal trim than the wood trim.

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
DMD said:

Definitley need to add Al pedals to the list of mods. I am looking for a unit that fits the space nicely and I plan to add two 10" subs in the back and some amps so I will definitley need RCA audio outs. For now I think I will keep the standard speakers throughout the cabin space, unless I find them to be horrible. I still haven't heard the HK system so I don't know how it sounds. I am looking to possibly getting a Clarion one, they have one that works as a control unit with a flip up LCD for only $1500 or so. Another question is I noticed you replaced everything, will I have to do the same or will the standard speakers work with the Clarion unit? Thanks again for all the help/advice.
]

I have the Clarion unit. Here are some pics of it.

You don't need to replace any of the speakers if you don't want to. They should sound better with the Clarion unit than the stock one.

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
rwg said:
Mine took two days to Chicago, so you might be lucky and get yours in three!

Ackster, do you have titanium trim (or aluminum or whatever it is)? The pedals look great and caught my interest, but I can't help thinking they would look better with the metal trim than the wood trim.
I have the wood trim but I am getting Carbon Fiber to replace it. The pedals, audio system don't look right with wood. The Titanium trim looks great with the pedals IMHO.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ackster said:
]

I have the Clarion unit. Here are some pics of it.

You don't need to replace any of the speakers if you don't want to. They should sound better with the Clarion unit than the stock one.
Ackstar--

That is the one I was looking at, they have two models one that plays DVD's and the other doesn't (difference about $750). The thing does not play DVD's while driving though, so what is the use....I would consider the DVD one if I could get it to play DVD's while driving. But the Clarion site says the car has to be in park for it to play. Is there anyway to disable this???

I will start my new system by ordering the clarion unit, get back to me on the DVD issue and then I will decide. Thanks Again for the time and effort of posting those pics and replying. It is greatly appreciated.

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
DMD said:

Ackstar--

That is the one I was looking at, they have two models one that plays DVD's and the other doesn't (difference about $750). The thing does not play DVD's while driving though, so what is the use....I would consider the DVD one if I could get it to play DVD's while driving. But the Clarion site says the car has to be in park for it to play. Is there anyway to disable this???

I will start my new system by ordering the clarion unit, get back to me on the DVD issue and then I will decide. Thanks Again for the time and effort of posting those pics and replying. It is greatly appreciated.
No problem! :thumbup:

My headunit is the one which plays DVD's. The feature that allows you to only play them while the car is off can be disabled really easily. I will have to look at my wiring diagram to check it out. I'll take a pic of this later (tomorrow morning) and post it for you.

The unit is nice b/c it also plays MP3's, CDR's, CDRW's, Video-CD's, etc. It also controls a ton of other units (dolby digital 5.1 processor, Sirius Satellite Radio, CD Changer, DVD Changer, TV, etc., etc. etc.).

I would def. pick it up if you have the $$. I have seen them for as cheap as $1,500 for the VRX925VD - which is the one I have.

I'll help you out with any other info, questions you have. This has is a fun hobby for me.

All I ask is that you post some pics when you're done. :D :D

·
Registered
738 Posts
DMD said:
Just called BMW and they said the car was released to the trucking company!! How long does it take from this point??
I know what you mean! I went into the dealer Monday with the intentions of ordering a new car and waiting a few months for it to show up. Tuesday morning I get a call that they located a car allocated to another local dealer that was an exact match, except it had CWP in place of just heated seats. They told me it was on the water and I could have it by month's end. Wednesday morning I get another call, this time to tell me they had successfully gotten the car and that it was actually scheduled to arrive next week! Suddenly my wait was changed from two months to a week! I am not even ready to get rid of this car yet, I have some stuff I have to do to it first... :banghead: I never thought I would complain that my car was going to get here too soon! Anyway, I am very excited. And I finally got my Xenons!!!

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
DMD said:
Mods Waiting to install:

- K&N Filter
If your BMW is brand new, why do you plan to install a K & N air filter? Just curious.

I was under the impression that these do more harm than good.

Patrick

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Patrick 320d said:

If your BMW is brand new, why do you plan to install a K & N air filter? Just curious.

I was under the impression that these do more harm than good.

Patrick
K&N Filter offers better filteration and improved HP (2-3hp) also the filter is reusable, just clean and reinsert every 6 months. It also allows more air to get to the engine while still providing the same level or better level of filteration.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ackster said:
Here is the wiring diagram for the parking brake. Its as simple as not hooking the bright green wire to the parking brake lamp and signal lead. Without the hookup, the DVD will play even with the parking brake down.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info! Where can I get this unit for $1500 with DVD, the cheapest I have seen is $1999.99. Thanks Again!

- DMD

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 28 Posts