Black Dakota interior
Dark Wood trim
Sport Package
Dynamic Handling Package
Premium Package
Premium 2 Package
Heads-up Display
Sport automatic transmission

The only remaining option I'm considering is BMW Apps. For the applications that are available now, I'm not really compelled to spend the $250. Yes, BMW could add more in the future, but I'm still skeptical. Anyone have this feature and absolutely love it?

·
Friend
93 Posts
The only remaining option I'm considering is BMW Apps. For the applications that are available now, I'm not really compelled to spend the $250. Yes, BMW could add more in the future, but I'm still skeptical. Anyone have this feature and absolutely love it?
I believe the PlugIn feature is tied in with the BMW Apps feature. That right there is the selling point for me. Basically Apple could redo the entire concept of how your iPhone's iPod UI works, and your BMW will have the ability to display it. I cannot wait for this feature.

And hey, maybe the iPhone media docks will be ready by the time you get your car!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Do It

Tomorrow, I'm planning to place a deposit for a 535i with the following:

Alpine White exterior
Black Dakota interior
Dark Wood trim
Sport Package
Dynamic Handling Package
Premium Package
Premium 2 Package
Heads-up Display
Sport automatic transmission

my thought its a pretty inexpensive piece of new technology, would regret not having it.

Seems like there are a few AW F10's on order around here:thumbup:

Nice Options, but no MSport?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my thought its a pretty inexpensive piece of new technology, would regret not having it.

Seems like there are a few AW F10's on order around here:thumbup:

Nice Options, but no MSport?
I'm indifferent on the Msport exterior look, didn't need the Anthracite headliner, and actually prefer the 19" wheels from the Sport package. So I decided to save the money.

So I placed the order tonight, and I did add the BMW Apps option. My wait begins...

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I asked this in another thread, but I am assuming with the BMW Apps option and the corresponding cradle, you lose any available storage space in the center console? Pictures, anyone?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
personally id add the side and top view camera... pretty much the only reason i ordered my car. Way more useful than sport automatic or BMW apps.

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
personally id add the side and top view camera... pretty much the only reason i ordered my car. Way more useful than sport automatic or BMW apps.
Way more useful than SAT? :confused:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
While I agree the side/top cameras are great, and I love mine, I would rate the options in this priority:

1) SAT
2) BMW Apps (which my car doesn't have because I ordered in Jan before it was available and now I'm driving an old new car :mad:)
3) Side/Top Cameras

Get the Apps, I really, really wish mine had it...

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
One of many reasons I ordered the car was to get BMW apps. I hope it will be worth it in the long run. My CA could not find me a car in March that had all of the options I wanted.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Way more useful than SAT? :confused:
Mine has SAT, while the paddles and shifter upgrade are nice the shifting is no different than the std transmission.

BTW Mark don't feel bad, I ordered in Jan too and have an "old" car now too haha. I find that in all my other cars that had iPod integration that I never plugged in my iPod anyway... used sat radio about 99% of the time.

·
Happy F10 driver
133 Posts
I find the best thing about the apps are web radio (based on tune-in) which is brilliant, and the last mile function. Waiting to see what plug-in will bring once BMW get the iPhone 4 full media cradles back out. Will also be interesting to see what other apps will come.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I find the best thing about the apps are web radio (based on tune-in) which is brilliant, and the last mile function. Waiting to see what plug-in will bring once BMW get the iPhone 4 full media cradles back out. Will also be interesting to see what other apps will come.
I agree if I was in uk I'd be more upset that I didn't have 6nr for the web radio feature since you guys don't have Sirius sat radio over there. I still prefer sat radio over web radio for the content of EDM on Sirius.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My CA e-mailed me that my car entered production yesterday on the 28th. The anticipation is growing! :D

On the "My BMW" website, I'm not seeing all the options I ordered (but the colors/trim are correct). Reading other threads, I take it it's normal? The list on the website is a subset of what I ordered, and is missing the Premium 2 and the Dynamic Handling Packages and BMW Apps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts