BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was experiencing some hiccuping and power loss at part throttle that turned into complete power loss at wide open throttle. A couple of weeks ago I replaced the entire cooling system and when I tried to start it up, it wouldn't fire! Stupid car. $700 in parts to express my love and it won't start. Grrrr. Fuel pump at 75K. :(

Banged on the fuel tank with a rubber mallet and got two more weeks out of it. On the way to work this morning I had to pull over to the shoulder on 101-N because it just wouldn't go anymore. I was only A MILE away from the shop I work at! Noooo!

Got out, kicked the tank, fired it up and made it to the shop... sputtering into the driveway and coasting into the service bay.

Ah well, $140 and 20 minutes later... 50PSI of pressure... good as new. :thumbup:

The car feels like it's got more power and runs smoother, too. I'm guessing fuel pressure was below spec for awhile.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,961 Posts
What is with all these fuel pump outages lately? Sheesh! Glad you got it working.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is with all these fuel pump outages lately? Sheesh! Glad you got it working.
Man, seriously! I drove it into the Santa Cruz mountains yesterday to do a little mountain biking with some friends. On the way out of there (on a relatively remote road -- as remote as possible in the Bay Area) it started acting up. I wasn't sure I'd make it home. It was like... "C'mon, baby! Anywhere but here! Keep going, keep going!" It was a little low on fuel so I topped it off to increase my chances of making it to the shop this morning. That made it interesting when removing the pump.... but I'm glad I didn't need a tow! I should've changed the fuel filter, too... but it's only a few thousand miles old. It should be OK. :angel:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts