BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Approximately 36 hours until departure! Actually, we're flying USAir...so maybe it's more like 42 hours until departure. All I can do now is cross my fingers.
Quickly...another big "Vielen Dank" to all bimmerfesters for the invaluable information I've picked up here over the last year. You have all saved me thousands of dollars, much time and answered numerous questions. Good site...great people.

Itinerary;
Arrive in Munich on the 16th
Pick up early on the 17th and head north about 3 hours to Waldbuttelbrunn (near Wurzburg) to stay with family for two weeks.
Drive south about 4 hours to Cham, Switzerland (just south of Zurich) to stay with a cousin for a couple of days.
Drive to Innsbruck (of course we'll stop in Lichtenstein for lunch, maybe pick up a few stamps) and stay there for a night.
Back into Germany to Mittenwald (stay the night). Perhaps go up the Zugspitze, stop by Oberammagau.
Short trip north back to Munich where we'll drop off the car and head home on Sept 4th.

I know the possible consequences (please don't take my car!!!) of missing the 12 hour rule but....well, I'll do my best. In any event I'll definitely make the 3.5 week rule!

Thanks again everyone and thanks to BMW for having such a great delivery program.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Have a great time and enjoy the new car to the max b/c it's hell when you get back and have to wait, and wait, and wait for it, especially when it enters the black hole referred here as "customs."

·
Oberbayer
1,592 Posts
I know the possible consequences (please don't take my car!!!) of missing the 12 hour rule but....well, I'll do my best.
The secret bimmerfest impoundage near Munich:

All these former BMW-owners failed to meet the 12-hour-rule...:eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok Alfred G, you've really inspired (well, scared really!) me now! I guess I could find my way to one of my cousins computers within 12 hours....

·
Oberbayer
1,592 Posts
Ok Alfred G, you've really inspired (well, scared really!) me now! I guess I could find my way to one of my cousins computers within 12 hours....
Wish you a great trip! Great weather right now in Bavaria.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts